Storage of Material
Bricks are offered for use in nylon-wrapped pallets.
In the factory, pallets are loaded with the help of a forklift and unloaded at the place of use by forklift, crane, bucket or hand.
The material in the pallet is shipped to the construction site by hand or by hand truck during labor.
Bricks should be handled sensitively when moving and stacked properly to prevent corner breaks.
Bricks should be protected from rain and water influence in the stockpile.
Tools Used in Application
Shovel, whisk, trowel, grout trowel, grout, grout pump, spiral machine, mortar tray and wheelbarrow.
Preparation of Mortar
While preparing the press brick laying mortar; 1 measure of pure portlant cement and 6 scales of stream sand should be used.
The water used must be clean and potable. As little water as possible should be added into the mortar.
Care should be taken to ensure that the proportions are the same for each mortar mixing. Otherwise, different shades may occur in the grout colors in the joints.
Protection of Walls During Application
Press brick walls should be protected from rain water, construction waste water etc. must be protected from moisture and water.
It is absolutely necessary to prevent water ingress into the wall section. For this, nylon and canvas type covers should be covered on the application so that there is a gap between the wall and the wall.
Cleaning, Weather Conditions and Other Issues
* Knitting should not be done under + 4º.
* If knitting is carried out in hot weather, the bricks to be built should be moistened as the bricks will absorb the water of the mortar and reduce the strength. For this, it will be sufficient to immerse and remove the bricks in a bucket full of clean water just before use.
* Tone differences can be seen in the bricks during firing due to the structure of the soil. For this reason, bricks should be taken from different pallets and knitted in order to prevent these tonal differences during brick wall construction.
* During the application, care should be taken not to contaminate the bonding mortar and joint material on the brick surface.
When material gets on the brick surface, the contaminated material should be allowed to dry and the plastic should be cleaned with a hard brush after it dries.
Special cleaning agents with acid composition should be used for very dirty surfaces.
* After the application, paint, varnish, vinegar, salt spirit v. b. materials should not be applied.
* It should be worked with certified master teams recommended for brick applications.
All boundaries and corners of the place to be built with bricks are determined at the ground level and measurements are made. When measuring, 1 cm in addition to the brick dimensions. It is also necessary to take into account the joint share. The mortar placed on the brick (as thick as possible) is spread and shaped with a trowel to set it more densely on the edges. Brickwork should be continued by raising the corners. Lining up the bricks using a rope and a water balance will make knitting easier.
The mortar to be applied to the side surface of the brick should be applied in a way that it does not contaminate the front surface and compacted. The trapped mortar will also prevent rainwater from seeping into the wall. When the pressed brick is placed on the mortar, the mortar that has overflowed from the sides should be removed with the edge of the trowel. Press brick should be placed by hand pressing or light strokes and should be leveled.
When building a press brick wall, lath should never be used. (Especially in exterior applications exposed to rainfall.)