Storage of Material
* Handmade Bricks are offered for use in nylon-wrapped pallets in 1 m² cardboard boxes.
* In the factory, pallets are loaded with the help of a forklift and unloaded at the place of use by forklift, crane or manually.
* The material in the pallet is shipped to the construction site by hand or by hand truck during labor.
* Hand-made Bricks should be handled delicately and should be careful to avoid corner breaks and should be stacked properly.
* Handmade Bricks should be protected from rain and water in the stock area.
Tools Used in Application
Trowel, grouting trowel, metal lath, grout surplus, grout pump, spiral machine, mortar tray and wheelbarrow.
* It can be applied on all surfaces with a rigid surface such as handmade brick, reinforced concrete curtain, column, beam, perforated brick, filling brick, aerated concrete, rough plaster. Paint, insulation material residues, burrs and mortar chips, oil, dust, poorly adhered non-bearing plaster layers etc. If there are coatings preventing adhesion, they should be removed. On larger rough surfaces, the coatings should be scraped off, if this is not possible, they should be smoothed by re-plastering.
* If the wall to be applied is damp, the wall body and surfaces must be dried.
Protection of Walls During Application
* Handmade bricks should be protected from external weather conditions (rain water, construction waste water, etc. moisture, water, frost and excessive sun) during the application and from the end of the application until the adhesive gains strength, especially on the first day. For this, nylon and tarpaulin type covers should be covered on the application so that there is a gap between the handmade brick.
Weather Conditions, Other Matters and Cleaning
* Handmade brick application should not be made below + 4 +.
* In the applications to be carried out during the winter months, especially in areas exposed to frost, since the adhesive drying time will be longer, the joint filling application should be started after 4-5 days. In the meantime, since the joints will remain open, the surface on which the coating is applied; The open surface should be protected by using nylon or tarpaulin type covers to prevent rain, snow and water accumulation.
* In hot weather applications, the bricks to be coated should be moistened, as the bricks will absorb the water of the adhesive and reduce the strength. (For this, it will be sufficient to immerse and remove the bricks in a bucket full of clean water just before use.)
* Tone differences can be seen in the bricks during firing due to the structure of the soil. For this reason, in order to prevent these tone differences during handmade brick application, facing bricks should be purchased from different packages and applied by blending.
* During the application, care should be taken not to contaminate the adhesive mortar and filling material on the brick surface.
* When material gets on the brick surface, the contaminated materials should be allowed to dry and the plastic should be cleaned with a hard brush after it dries.
* For very dirty surfaces, special composition Doğanay Surface Cleaner should be used.
* After the application, paint, varnish, vinegar, salt spirit v. b. materials should not be applied.
Certified master teams recommended for Handmade Brick applications should be worked with.
Handmade Brick Application
* The surface is prepared according to the above principles.
* The adhesive material is prepared in accordance with the usage conditions.
* The adhesive is applied to the surface with a 8-10 mm notched trowel.
* A little special Doğanay Flex Brick Adhesive is applied to the back of the handmade brick, and it is properly adhered to the surface with a 1 cm joint with the help of metal lath, rope, plastic joint plus or wedge.
* While knitting, care is taken to ensure that the horizontal and vertical joints are in balance and plumb line.
* After the adhesive has dried (24 hours), laths should be removed and joint filling should be started.
* The joint to be used for handmade bricks can be applied with a minimum width of 10 mm by choosing a special Doğanay Flex Joint Filler.
* The grout should be applied with the help of a grout gun without smearing the brick surface.
* When the joint filler dries to the point that it does not stick to the hand, it should be shaped with the help of a joint trowel.